Sunday, May 01, 2005

Happy hour

The picture above was taken a couple of days ago in the courtyard {Copyright: Peter Orsi}. I think this place is one of the things I will miss the most about Berkeley when/if I leave. It's just so fresh. I like to see people eat, smoke, lie in the sun, talk and gossip. It's the true J-School.
Everytime you feel suffocating in the newsroom, you just push the door. And suddently you are in the smoothie and Camel world.
Roya in in the background of the pic in an endless phone conversation, sipping a berry smoothie. I am -as always- looking at my phone (I should change that). Lubna is talking to Tristan, who will probably be a famous photographer. This guy is really talented.
I was very impressed by the quality of the presentations of the storytelling class. I don't know when I will find the same -or different- quality in my country. We have so much to talk about, we have talent, so what's missing?

No comments: