Monday, May 23, 2005

Blog.ma & Blog.com

It's almost 2 a.m and it's been maybe 5 hours that I'm just reading blogs of Moroccans in Morocco, Moroccans abroad and foreigners-mostly Americans- in Morocco. I love these blogs. You know, just like small windows in people's minds and hearts. I am fascinated by the eloquence of those young Moroccans, their crazy ideas, their irreverent sense of humor, their will to bring some change in that land.
On the other hand, I am amazed by the foreigner's experiences. I admire the Peace Corps volunteers, for deciding to go to this exotic weird country, just like that, to help, to see, to live something different. But most of the time, they have more than a moderate dose of exotism! They end up in some obscure villages in some unknown places. They live the modest lives of modest people and just try to adapt to the endless bizarre situations and social "things" (don't know how to call that).
Of course, if they were staying in Casablanca, Rabat or Marrakesh, things would have been different. But somewhere, I envy them...

No comments: